Potential DCI Gina Haspel: Banality of Evil !
I am against the selection of Gina Haspel as the DCI. She was/is a dedicated apparatchik of the CIA for decades. Ms Haspel was in charge of the black sites in Thailand along with her obsequious boss, Jose Rodriguez. She and Jose oversaw the egregious practice of torture against a number of so-called terrorists.
The fact is that we now know that 9/11 was a false flag created by the CIA [George Tenet, Robert Mueller, Bush Jr, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Powell, Condi, et.al]. The notion that the CIA protected the USA or tried to elicit credible information concerning the auto-genocide of the Bush Jr administration…is patently absurd.
One can argue that these cowards/criminals involved in the attack against their own USG were part of the Eichmann Syndrome: Bureaucratic criminals who willingly participated in illegal tortures of ‘faux prisoners’. They were no better than the Nazis who had committed heinous atrocities against Jews, Christians, Gays and Gypsies.
One might even consider Bush Jr /Cheney/Tenet/Meyer/Powell/Hayden and even the wholesome appearing DCI Gina Haspel as bland, non-sadistic people, who acted in a formalized fashion like Adolf Eichmann. Eichmann was a Nazi bureaucrat who ordered the torture and the deportation of countless of innocent people during WWII to their inevitable deaths [Hannah Arendt, “The Banality of Evil”].
When one reads the horrifying findings contained within the Senate Intelligence Committee report on torture ordered by California Senator Diane Feinstein, one is completely shocked by all the variables involved in this heinous interrogation program. This loyal-thirty-year CIA -deep-cover-operative, Gina Haspel,is the 21st Century female version of the Adolf Eichmann! Author Hannah Arendt found such human types to be ordinary and completely compliant to the corrupt Nazi amoral system.
Haspel is no different. She was like Eichmann just following orders. BTW, Haspel conveniently went out of her way to eliminate any evidence of her war crimes by destroying 92 video tapes.
Haspel supervised a U.S.‘black site’ in Thailand in 2002 where Abu Zubeidah and Abdul Rahm Nashirir were tortured incessantly by CIA personnel.
Some facts from Senate Intel Committee:
- 26 of the 119 prisoner [22%] held by the CIA were subsequently found to have been ‘improperly detained’.
- In 2008 John Bruce Jessen and James Mitchell, two severely incompetent contractors charged over $81M for their services to develop torture techniques despite the fact they knew nothing about interrogation.
- John Rizzo, the CIA acting general counsel found these two men to be completely ‘sadistic’ and ‘terrifying’.
- the entire useless torture program which produced no actionable intelligence cost the American taxpayer over $300M.
- several prisoners almost drowned to death due to “waterboarding” which resulted in no valuable intelligence.
- CIA officials, Scott Miller and James Pavitt, were warned that their ‘sadistic rectal exams’ were ‘excessive’.
- Four prisoners had been beaten so hard that they were not able to stand because of their broken feet, sprained ankles, and amputated legs.
- Abu Zubaydah’s eyes were so badly damaged during his beatings that he had to have his eye removed.
The CIA does not stop at the moment of torture. It entangles itself within a cobweb of lies and deceit.
CIA Directors: George Tenet, Porter Goss, Michael Hayden, John Brennan lied to members of US Congress, White House, and to the American public about the program’s effectiveness and the number of prisoners held by the CIA. The CIA is an institution of little merit and major disgrace. During the years I was in the USG, I worked with the CIA, and often times, against them. Usually in my overseas assignments I found the CIA to be completely incompetent [Cambodia], or highly collusive [General Noriega].
Gina Halsep is a dutiful officer of a heinous organization. The CIA like the FBI, Catholic Church, Labor Unions and other historic institutions have outlive their usefulness due to corruption beyond repair. Halsep lacks the necessary judgement, morality, and competency to become anything creative or useful to our great American society. She belongs to what President Ike called the CIA—“A Legacy of Ashes”.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”